Friday, March 20, 2009

First Tattoo

I was camping under the pinion pines in New Mexico, south of Santa Fe on Route 66, when I drew up this design for a tattoo. I said to myself, while I was sucking up some nasty java in the middle of the desert on a Sunday morning, "What ever I draw now I am going to have done up as a tat on my leg." After I finished the drawing, I jumped into my Little Red Chili Pepper (my name for my car), and drove into town. By some miracle, the tattoo shop was open. There was one person in the shop, she had come in for an appointment she had that morning. She locked up the shop and did my piece. Unbelievable luck. Part way through her boyfriend came in and waited while she finished up. They were good people and I had a great visit with them. Such a great experience for a Canuck on vacation. The funny thing is, just the other day I got a message on myspace from a gal in Cali that saw the original drawing and wanted to know if she could use it for a leg tattoo. I told her, just send me a picture!

2 comments:

  1. hello nice blog
    visis my blog
    http://natamakemoney.blogspot.com
    email : natamakemoney@gmail.com
    ym : balimedicine

    ReplyDelete