Sunday, March 8, 2009

Johnny Cash Picked Up My Mom

Every time I turn around this week it's Johnny Cash. I was watching “Walk the Line” for second time the other night. Then today there was a bulletin from the band Townline on myspace asking people to check out their new song about the big JC. When I clicked on another myspace profile picture(attracted by the vintage car) there was a video of this guy singing, he's spanish, living in Spain and HE'S wearing a Cash t-shirt.
My mom went to see Johnny Cash in concert when she was a saddle shoe and rolled up jeans wearing doll. I don't know where or how she managed it, and she's not here anymore to ask, but she fell over the big guy's guitar case. Johnny picked her up and put her back on her feet. She couldn't remember anything he said, she was too nervous, I'm sure.
Anyway, it has always made him more real to me and all of these reminders just take me back to memories of my mom. You don't always need to look to big names to get in touch with the retro rockabilly style. You're likely related to your best resource. Just go dig in your parents or grandparents photo albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment