Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In My Bedroom

Here's a peek into my retro kitsch home. Yes, I'm letting you see my unmade bed, with its rumpled leopard print sheets. I love the vintage tiki picture I found in a second hand store for $20. My little Hawaiian Tiki God watches over me when I'm in bed. When you look close you can see all the dark tiki totems lurking in the shadows.

I would like to tell you I bought the sheets at an indie store or on the web, but that just wouldn't be true. I live on a white trash budget (spend it all before the bill collectors call) and have lowbrow tastes, which can be expensive. The sexy chocolate brown bed linen set came from a department store, and was still a bit more than I should have been spending since I had just quit my job. Once I dragged my grumbling guy to the store though, and showed him this great bed set, he just couldn't say no to me (he never does, you gotta love that).

Anyway, I should go make that rumpled bed now, since I'm doing the house frau thing until a temp job comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment