Friday, February 20, 2009

Make the Jump to Sexy

Let's get this straight (I say that to all the guys), when I say pin-up girl style, I'm talking about livin' it no matter who you are. What size you wear, how old you are or what you think you look like. You are what you believe you are. If you think you're too big, too old, or whatever your favorite poison is, then you'll live that way and reaffirm it. If you want to make the jump to a sexy you then make the commitment and do it. You have to go all the way or it just won't work. When I went from blonde hair to indigo black, I realised it wasn't going to work if I didn't commit to the look. I changed my colors, my clothes, my makeup, the shoes I wore, my whole style.

Not everyone is comfortable with the attention this brings. After a few months in my new look my guys started up their lacrosse season again, the boys play and my husband coaches, and the reactions I got, long after I had gotten comfortable with the new me, were crazy. People I had spent time with at games in previous years didn't recognise me until I talked to them. I had more than one mom say they thought my hubby had traded me in for a new model. And, yes, that is exactly how they put it. It was balanced out by the guys everywhere that were suddenly attentive. Getting looks and attention is a great part of the deal, so don't squirm and don't apologize, when eyes start meandering south. Just hold 'em high and know that some lucky dame is going to get a little more attention from her man that night.

Don't waste your time worrying about whether or not you have what it takes or that you're too this or that. There are too many sexy women out there that don't conform to the old 38-24-36 to hide behind that excuse.
  • Zombie Kitten Originals has a sexy larger model, Ili Jean, in the Zombie Army(and some great skirts).
  • On the Flash Your Tattoo blog I came across the hot Amina Munster. She is covered with tattoos, including her prosthetic leg.
  • Anyone heard of the Glamazons?
  • And then there is the unstoppable, Tina Turner. Not strictly pin-up, but wholly crap, what a woman.

Get the idea? I could go on but it would be even better if you would add your favorite examples in the comments.

Okay, the rant is over. Now go get busy and backcomb that hair!

http://www.flashyourtattoo.blogspot.com/

http://www.aminamunster.net/

http://www.zombie-kitten.com/

http://www.glamazongirls.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment